Built in 1880 and Listed Grade II in the 1980s, the key aim was to keep the relationship between the house and The Water Tower but improve the interior plan of this family home and create a spacious environment.
The design converted an existing office on the third floor into a contemporary, double-height volume space with a mezzanine level for a library and small seating area.
The new entrance provides a glazed frontage that provides a double height entrance space with a link bridge to connect the tower to the other areas of the house.
Conversion of the original double garage to be integrated into the new open plan kitchen / living / dining space. Large retractable doors then connect this new space to garden and the views of Godalming and beyond.
Planning permission and listed building consent granted. Works completed in 2016.